Monday 11 June 2012

Why did I choose this topic?

Researching this topic has helped me aquire an indept understanding of homosexualily and see the issue of homophobia from completely new perspectives. But from any perspective, homophobia should be seen as a way society is taking away rights, self esteem, freedom, etc. from our fellow citizens. I felt the need to research this topic because I grew up in a country where homosexuality is hated to a great extent and it is very difficult to come out and freely be gay or even express views that are not against homosexuality. Why is that so? Arn't these people being provided with adequate informatiuon? If religion isnt a key cause of this issue then why is it worse in developing countries? Why is there hatred against homosexuals and not people who prefer vanilla and not chocolate or strawbeery?

I wonder if the human race as a whole will ever accept homosexuality into its society. The way I see it, is if homophobia is not quickly resolved then the world willnever be at peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment